
Beyonce, who embarked on her singing and dancing career as a child, will turn 30 on September 4 and feels she has achieved enough success as a performer to be just be a woman now, and focus on her marriage and raising kids.
The actress, singer and fashion designer who rose to fame as the lead singer of the R&B girl group Destiny's Child, one of the world's best-selling girl groups of all time, features on the cover of the September issue of InStyle.
In the accompanying cover story, Beyonce recalls missing out on many things during her childhood, but believes she made the right choice.
"I sacrificed so much as a kid and as a teenager," she tells the magazine. "I have no regrets because my job kept me focused. When you're young—18 or 19—you have the energy and drive. That's the time to work as hard as you can. Now I'm a woman, and because I gave it my all, I can focus on my marriage. I can decide I want to have kids. I can be the mother I want to be and dedicate myself to my children."
In her downtime, Beyonce says she just likes to be a women and spend time watching TV and chatting up her friends.
"In my free time I prefer to do nothing but sit on the couch and watch TV," she says. "I have to confess that my guilty pleasure is Jersey Shore."
"I am a girl's girl. Women who don't have female friends scare me. I love my friends, and I love sitting with them and listening to their stories."
No comments:
Post a Comment