Monday, August 22, 2011

Denise Richards Stays Loyal to Charlie Sheen



Charlie Sheen's ex Denise Richards declined a guest role in the inaugural episode of Two and a Half Men featuring Ashton Kutcher.

Sources tell TMZ that Denise turned down the offer from the TV series producers because "She would never hear the end of it from Charlie."

Denise remains positive about Charlie despite their turbulent four year marriage that ended with a divorce in 2006, and the frequent ups and downs in their subsequent relationship as co-parents.

Denise, 40, phoned in to Ryan Seacrest's 102.7 KISS FM on Monday, August 22, to promote her book The Real Girl Next Door.

During the interview she candidly discussed her marriage and subsequent relationship with Charlie.

Speaking of her marriage, she said, "I went through so much in a very short period of time in my life and got through it. I really hit rock bottom at one point,"

Of their subsequent relationship as co-parents, she said:

"It's difficult, especially in the last six months as we've all seen a lot of stuff in the media. I honestly really wanted to protect the kids from it as much as I can, and there were a lot of things that truly weren't my place to comment on."

She also opened up about her infamous dinner with Charlie and their daughters in New York, at which, unknown to her, Charlie also invited hookers.

"I was actually in New York to do press and brought my girls a couple of days early, he was off and thought it would be fun to all of us to go," Denise explained.

"I thought it was sweet because at the time, I thought he was in a different place entertainment wise of what he does in his free time.

"I did not know who was going to be at the table. When I found out I thought, 'I can be cool about this, I can hang,' then things got a little crazy and colorful so I left the table. Then when things got really crazy it turned into a whole different thing."

During the interview Ryan asked her if she would still want Charlie in her life if she had it live it all over again.

"As painful as all that was I would definitely do it again as I have amazing children," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment