Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson and Rachel Weisz Comprise the ‘Anti-Cosmetic Surgery



Kate Winslet, 35, the gorgeous and curve-embracing ‘Titantic’ star, has gone on record saying she will never have cosmetic surgery.

“It goes against my morals, the way that my parents brought me up and what I consider to be natural beauty. I am an actress, I don’t want to freeze the expression of my face,” she said.

And she’s not alone.

Close friend and fellow actress Emma Thompson, 52, added, “I’m not fiddling about with myself. We’re in this awful youth-driven thing now where everybody needs to look 30 at 60.”

And 41-year-old Rachel Weisz — you may know her better as the new Mrs. Daniel Craig — feels the same, saying, “People who look too perfect don’t look sexy or particularly beautiful.”

It’s probably no small coincidence that all of these actresses are British and thus haven’t been as exposed to the American attitude dictating being waterboarded is preferable to a face that looks older than 25.

They also seem to understand that once you’re past a certain age, no amount of surgery will significantly turn back the clock but instead impart the desperately frozen look of a carbonite-sealed Han Solo.

Now if only they could convince their US brethren of such.

No comments:

Post a Comment